Annie asked if there is a way to modify your personal homepage in the Blue Letter Bible. Her study of Hebrew makes her want to be able to search for words using Strong’s numbers as soon as she opens her BLB.
Sadly, modifications other than choosing which version you want to use are not possible.
However, there is a way to access the search tool more rapidly than through the numereous steps of a verse search, which we studied in previous lessons. (If you are new here, you can access these short and simple lessons by clicking on the category “Bible Study Methods” to the left of this post.)
- Bring up your homepage of the BLB in a new window. (so you can click back and forth between these instructions and the BLB)
- Enter a search criteria in the upper right-hand search box. (doesn’t matter at this point what you enter, as long as it is in the Bible.)
- Click on the blue arrow for the search.
- Click on the highlight address of any verse that comes up.
- Click on the “C” button next to the verse.
- Click on any highlighted Strong’s number in the middle column.
- At the extreme left of your browser address bar, click and hold the BLB emblem.
- Drag it to your links bar.
You now have quick access from your internet browser page directly to the search box which appears at the bottom of that information page.
If you do not know how to set up a links bar on your browser, simply add the search page to your ‘Favorites.’ This will require one extra step in accessing the search page, but is still faster than going from the homepage through all the search boxes.
To learn how to set up a links bar on your browser, go to http://www.webjunction.org/c/document_library/get_file?folderId=433332&name=DLFE-10525.doc by opening a new tab and then copy/paste this address into your web browser and click the ‘go’ arrow. This will request that you open an MSWord application. It is perfectly safe to do so.
I hope this helps all those who are beginning to use the BLB more and more as their electronic Bible.
One thought on “Modifying the HomePage of the BLB”