I was invited to play this by a friend on FaceBook. I usually do not participate in these things, but decided to give this one a try.
Turned out to be kind of fun.
I was supposed to come up with 25 random things about me so that the people who read would know a little more about me.
I decided to also post this on my blog, because many of my readers here do not mess with FaceBook.
So, if you want to know a little more about me, read on. If not…….why not?
1. I was born at a very early age. I couldn’t feed, clean or clothe myself.
2. I grew up physically. There is still doubt that I grew up mentally or emotionally.
3. I love learning. Problem is I can’t remember what I’ve learned.
4. For me, fishing is the art of removing trash from the bottom of the stream or lake.
5. I took a year’s vacation while in the Navy. The authorities didn’t like that, so I did some jail time.
6. I’m way too serious for most folks, but I’ve failed to learn how to lighten up.
7. Quit smoking in 1970 when I was doing 2 ½ packs/day. Cold turkey.
8. Actually, cold turkey makes a great sandwich.
9. I could survive on peanut butter and water. Don’t know how long, though.
10. A child’s giggle is one of the sweetest sounds on earth.
11. I worked as an inspector of tombstones in Shippensburg, PA in 1969.
12. Looking at my high school transcript the other day, I found that I made all A’s in my freshman year, B’s as a sophomore, C’s as a junior, and D’s in my senior year. Like I said, I have a problem with learning.
13. I’ve only bought one bad car in my life. The rest were given to me.
14. I learned to spell antidisestablishmentarianism in the fourth grade. We had to.
15. Never did learn how to spell that big fancy word from Mary Poppins—super fragile cow expelled from school—or something like that.
16. Did a stand-up comedy routine in college. Found out I’m not a comedian. They were only laughing ‘cause my zipper was down.
17. Photography is my favorite spectator sport.
18. Eating is my favorite way to pass time—except when I’m sleeping, reading, driving, gardening, making love, watching TV, going to the movies, or picking on someone.
19. I always wanted to be a wordsmith. Thought writing for a living would be fun. Found out nobody reads anymore. So, I went back to eating, breathing, and sleeping to live.
20. I graduated in the top 5% of the lower 10% of my class.
21. Blue is not necessarily my favorite color, but all my clothes are blue.
22. I’m supposed to come up with 25 random things about my short life, and it is proving to be rather challenging. I’m so predictable that my friends finish my sentences for me.
23. My biggest failure in life is that I never made it up Mt. Everest.
24. The smartest thing I ever did was not to try (making it up Mt. Everest)
25. This is the first time I’ve ever participated in one of these games.
10 thoughts on “Who Am I?”
😆 I think you are funny..and I can’t see if your zipper is down or not..heehee
I love it when people are just themselves. It makes it so much more easy to “receive” what they have to offer. I’ve known you when I didn’t know you, I got to know you better through the part of your journey with questions, and now I get to know you through this more settled part of your journey. I was afraid you’d be someone I didn’t know anymore. I’m so glad you’re still the same “Dale.”
The scriptures state that a merry heart doeth good like a medicine. I wish more ministers knew that.
Thank you for your postings here!
Funny, but I honestly don’t think I know much more about you except for the possibility that you don’t want me to know more about you.
Sure you do. Now you know that I had trouble with authority in the military and that I had a wierd job once.
that should speak volumes about my character (or lack thereof.) 8)
This was a fun read.
Once I got down to the military…time in jail part…I had to go back to the top to be sure I was reading about you.
Would have never thunk it.
I still haven’t listed my 25 things. I can’t get past the fact that any list I come up with will be anything but random. But that’s the way my mind works.
Well, that is how the whole thing is supposed to work–randomly with random things. 🙂 Certainly can’t have a chronological accounting of a life in 25 things. nWhy, I’ve had more jobs than that!! Try it. You’ll like it.
And so will we.
God has gifted you in a wonderful way with many interesting experiences that help you to relate with many individuals. Continue to work for His glory!
# 6 is absolutely untrue by my knowledge. I’ve never laughed so much in my former life. love you