Sarah Palin is a born-again, Spirit-filled Godly person who said “yes” when asked recently to serve her country. Since then, Gov. Palin asked my daughter Rosanne, who is part of her staff in Anchorage , for prayer, and so over the weekend Rosanne and I put together the attached “Psalm for Sarah for 66.” It’s intercessory prayer using Psalm 27 for the 66 days between the date of Sarah’s accepting McCain’s offer and election day, Nov. 4; it’s not about who wins the election or about politics or your voting choice.
We’ve sent it to a number of Christians across the county so would you also pray for Gov. Palin in this Esther-like time of her life? You might also pass it along or copy any one who might pray. If this request is offensive to you, I apologize.
A Psalm for Sarah for 66 Days
Sixty-six Days of Intercession for Gov. Sarah Palin according to Psalm 27
Pray for Sarah, husband Todd, sons Track, baby Trig, daughters Bristol , Willow , Piper, from August 29 through November 4.
· Singleness of Vision, Moral Clarity Ps 27:1a – The Lord is my light and my salvation; Whom shall I fear?
· Fearlessness, Boldness Ps 27:1b – The Lord is the defense of my life; Whom shall I dread?
· Protection from Libel, Slander, Hatred, Persecution Ps 27:2 – When [not “if”] evildoers came upon me to devour my flesh, my adversaries and my enemies, they stumbled and fell.
· Confidence in Christ, a Guarded Heart Ps 27:3 – Though a host encamp against me, My heart will not fear; Though war arise against me, in spite of this I shall be confident.
· Priorities Devotions, Rest, Balance Ps 27:4 – One thing I have asked from the Lord, that I shall seek: That I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, to behold the beauty of the Lord, and to meditate in His temple.
· Deliverance, Favor Ps 27:5 – For in the day of trouble He will conceal me in His tabernacle; In the secret place of His tent He will hide me; He will lift me up on a rock.
· An Overcoming Spirit, a Higher Perspective Ps 27:6 – And now my head will be lifted up above my enemies around me; And I will offer in His tent sacrifices with shouts of joy. I will sing, yes, I will sing praises to the Lord.
· Direction, Wisdom, Surefootedness Ps 27:7, 11 – Hear, O Lord, when I cry with my voice, and be gracious to me and answer me. .. . . Teach me Thy way, O Lord and lead me in a level path because of my foes.
· A Release of Faith, an Expectancy of Good Ps 27:13 – I would have despaired unless I had believed that I would see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.
· Strength, Courage, Endurance Ps 27:14 – Wait for the Lord; Be strong and let your heart take courage. Yes, wait for the Lord. And let Your kingdom come and let Your will be done.
10 thoughts on “Psalm for Sarah Palin (by Rosemary Dupras)”
I believe Sarah Palin is our country’s 21st century Esther. We should all commit to pray for her daily, because she will continue to be subject to vicious attacks. Her fight, and ours, is not against flesh and blood, but against principalities and powers of the air (spiritual warfare).
I am very impressed with Sarah Palin’s willingness to be real. We can begin, on her behalf, to “call forth things that are not as though they were”. We will speak victory into her life and mission that she has been called to fulfill.
Dear Fellow Christians,
Let’s pray for ALL of the candidates, not just Governor Sarah Palin!
Remember, ‘it’s not about who wins the election or about politics or your voting choice.’
Please recall Jesus’ statement in Matthew 5:38-48 (Love Your Opponents)- go to this website for the text of his statement –
For more information about each candidate’s religious background, go to these websites and pray for each of them in the spirit of Matthew 5:38-48:
Sen. Barack Obama is protestant http://www.csmonitor.com/2007/0716/p01s01-uspo.html
Sen. Joseph Biden is Roman Catholic http://www.csmonitor.com/2007/0827/p01s07-uspo.html
Sen. John McCain is protestant http://www.csmonitor.com/2007/1018/p01s06-uspo.html
Gov. Sarah Palin is protestant http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sarah_Palin
I agree that we should all pray for her daily. It is also important that we pray for all the candidates on a daily basis. They seek to lead this country, and that is an awesome responsibility. We each have our opinions about who should be in and who should be out. However, all four of them are in leadership positions, and the Word teaches us to pray “for all those in authority” (1 Tim. 2:2).
I agree that Sarah Palin needs our prayers, especially. She is now and will continue to receive attacks directed at her soul, intended to distract her from her willingness to do the work to which she has been called. gracie
Prayer is the single most precious gift given to us outside of our salvation! we are foolish to not use such a priceless gift.
I would like to return the favor and add your link to my list.
Great blog! I just came up on you and now need more time to read through it. Have a great day in the Lord!
Sarah Palin is in my prayers. I pray that God will be her guide in all she does. It is so good to hear her profess her faith. God never gives us more than we can handle. I think He has some plans for Sarah. She will need the strength and support of our prayers.
Where did that little mean toothy looking face come from on my comments. I don’t like him there. ???
My apologies for the “little meant toothy face.”
I am still learning how to manage this blog.
Since most people do not know about how to add their photo or an avatar to their profile, I clicked on the option to generate one for those who do not have an ID. The option they gave me appeared to be a “cute” one, but obviously is not. I have gone in and changed to what you now see.
Thanks for pointing that out for me.