Sarah Palin is a born-again, Spirit-filled Godly person who said “yes” when asked recently to serve her country. Since then, Gov. Palin asked my daughter Rosanne, who is part of her staff in Anchorage , for prayer, and so over the weekend Rosanne and I put together the attached “Psalm for Sarah for 66.” It’s intercessory prayer using Psalm 27 for the 66 days between the date of Sarah’s accepting McCain’s offer and election day, Nov. 4; it’s not about who wins the election or about politics or your voting choice.
We’ve sent it to a number of Christians across the county so would you also pray for Gov. Palin in this Esther-like time of her life? You might also pass it along or copy any one who might pray. If this request is offensive to you, I apologize.
A Psalm for Sarah for 66 Days
Sixty-six Days of Intercession for Gov. Sarah Palin according to Psalm 27
Pray for Sarah, husband Todd, sons Track, baby Trig, daughters Bristol , Willow , Piper, from August 29 through November 4.
· Singleness of Vision, Moral Clarity Ps 27:1a – The Lord is my light and my salvation; Whom shall I fear?
· Fearlessness, Boldness Ps 27:1b – The Lord is the defense of my life; Whom shall I dread?
· Protection from Libel, Slander, Hatred, Persecution Ps 27:2 – When [not “if”] evildoers came upon me to devour my flesh, my adversaries and my enemies, they stumbled and fell.
· Confidence in Christ, a Guarded Heart Ps 27:3 – Though a host encamp against me, My heart will not fear; Though war arise against me, in spite of this I shall be confident.
· Priorities Devotions, Rest, Balance Ps 27:4 – One thing I have asked from the Lord, that I shall seek: That I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, to behold the beauty of the Lord, and to meditate in His temple.
· Deliverance, Favor Ps 27:5 – For in the day of trouble He will conceal me in His tabernacle; In the secret place of His tent He will hide me; He will lift me up on a rock.
· An Overcoming Spirit, a Higher Perspective Ps 27:6 – And now my head will be lifted up above my enemies around me; And I will offer in His tent sacrifices with shouts of joy. I will sing, yes, I will sing praises to the Lord.
· Direction, Wisdom, Surefootedness Ps 27:7, 11 – Hear, O Lord, when I cry with my voice, and be gracious to me and answer me. .. . . Teach me Thy way, O Lord and lead me in a level path because of my foes.
· A Release of Faith, an Expectancy of Good Ps 27:13 – I would have despaired unless I had believed that I would see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.
· Strength, Courage, Endurance Ps 27:14 – Wait for the Lord; Be strong and let your heart take courage. Yes, wait for the Lord. And let Your kingdom come and let Your will be done.